5 Most Effective Lead Generation Strategies for Digital Agencies
As customers shift from offline to online, companies have realized that if they want to sustain, digital is the road ahead.
They have come to realize that having an omnichannel presence is the only way to grow their business.
With companies going digital, the demand for digital marketing agencies has also grown exponentially. They are always on the lookout for someone who can help them to build their digital presence successfully.
An article by Reuters revealed that global spending on digital marketing is now close to $100 billion, which indicates that the companies are willing to spend money to create their presence online.
However, as the demand for digital marketing agencies soars, the competition among the agencies has also increased.
Here’s a small exercise you can do to understand the level of competition in the digital marketing industry. Do a google search to find the digital marketing agencies in your city.
If you notice, many digital marketing agencies are vying for the customer’s attention. And this is just the first page of the search results. There are plenty more waiting for consideration on the second page. If you observe, you will find most of them claiming to be the ‘Top’ or the ‘Best digital marketing agency in the city.
While the customer may find themselves lost and confused, it will also be a challenge for you to break through the clutter and gain the attention of the customer.
This is where you need to think of innovative ways to generate leads for your agency.
In this blog, we are going to discuss five strategies that you can follow to generate leads.
5 Most Effective Lead Generation Strategies for Digital Agencies
Blogging is one of the integral parts of a digital marketing strategy for companies. While the aim of writing blogs is to provide unbiased and helpful information to build trust with the prospect, the primary objective of writing blogs is to traffic to the website. Let’s assume; you are looking for information on SEO tactics in 2019. Here are a few blogs that you will find on the top of the page.
Once the customer goes to your website to read the blog, you may prod them to follow you on social media or subscribe to your newsletter, so you can move them down the marketing funnel using the inbound methodology. According to HubSpot, blogging is one of the most efficient ways to generate traffic to the website.
- It is cost-effective; you don’t have to invest a lot of money to generate blogs.
- It helps in building trust and convert the traffic into leads.
- It helps in establishing you as a thought leader in the industry.
- You have to spend a considerable amount of time understanding the pain points of the customer, the keywords that they use to search for information and write a comprehensive blog using those keywords.
- Blogging will not yield immediate results. It will take a minimum of 8-9 months to start showing results. However, it will help in building a long-term relationship with the customer.
- You need to dedicate time and resources to blogging as a lack of strategy and consistency could affect your lead generation strategy. Continuity is the key.
2. Gated Content
Gated content is a type of content for which the prospect will have to fill a form with details such as name, e-mail ID, company name, etc. to get access to the content. Gated content can be in any form – Ebooks, White papers, premium research articles, etc. They are called the foundation of inbound methodology and are an effective way to generate leads.
- It helps in generating high-intent leads, as only those who are keen on receiving the information will be willing to fill the form.
- It helps in segmenting the audience and sending them relevant content according to the information filled in the form.
- Increases your brand value as people will value the in-depth knowledge shared by you.
- It may not help you to improve your SEO results as the Google bots may not be able to index it.
- If your objective is to increase your reach through content, then gated content may not be the right strategy as the reach is limited, and many may want to avoid filling the form to access the content.
3. Email Marketing
You may have heard people say that email marketing dead and that social media is a better alternative. However, this data from Optinmonster might change your perspective.
The study further reveals that 66% of the consumers make a purchase based on email messages as compared to 26% for social media. Thus, it’s safe to say that email marketing is still relevant and will continue to generate leads if used the right way. You have to remember to segment your subscriber list according to the customer journey they belong to and send a personalized message to make the email relevant to the user.
- The most significant advantage of email marketing is the ROI it generates. For every $1 spent, you can generate $40 through emails as compared to banner ads that make $2.
- It is cost-effective, and since the recipient gives you their email ID voluntarily, they might not find your emails to be intrusive unless you go overboard with your promotional messages. By providing an unsubscribe option, you can develop deeper trust with the recipient.
- Email marketing allows you to segment your list and send personalized messages to them. According to the campaign monitor, even a personalized subject line can lead to a 26% increase in the open rates.
- You can do an in-depth analysis to know how your email marketing campaign is performing.
- Your emails may get lost in the clutter as your recipient might receive many emails from other companies too. So, even if you spend time writing and designing the best email, it may not always yield you the best results.
- Sometimes your email might go into the spam folder or in the promotional tab, due to which you might lose out on a few valuable leads.
4. Paid Advertising
While blogs, SEO, and gated content might help you generate high-quality leads, they might not get you immediate results. If you aim to generate quick and targeted leads, then you can begin with paid advertising. Paid advertising includes Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and Google Display Ads.
- As paid advertising gives you a choice to segment your audience, you can target the right audience and generate high-qualified leads.
- Not sure about the right keywords to be used on your website? Don’t worry! Paid advertising will help you to zero in on the relevant keywords that will generate traffic on the site.
- You can control your campaign by pausing or editing it.
- It can get expensive and may even lead to failure if not done the right way.
- They may look sales-oriented and cold-pitched and may not help in building trust in the prospects as compared to inbound methods such as blogs and gated content.
5. SEO Audits
As we discussed earlier, to break the clutter, you have to show your value to the prospect to generate quality leads. Neil Patel and HubSpot used SEO audits as a way to generate traffic to their website and eventually convert it into leads. As more and more companies are getting aware of the importance of optimizing their website for search engines, offering Technical SEO audits will help you to differentiate yourself from the other me-too agencies.
- It helps you to show your potential at the very beginning. By showing the flaws in a website through SEO audits, you will be able to develop a trustworthy relationship with the prospect at the beginning itself.
- It helps you save time on creating blogs and ebooks as most people look for a solution to their problem first and may find website auditing more useful.
- It helps in saving money on expensive marketing strategies such as paid advertising and is quicker than other strategies such as Ebooks and blogs.
- Easier to receive email IDs from the prospects as it is a prerequisite to receive the SEO audit report.
- It can be time-consuming if the audits are done manually.
- Manual audits can also be error-prone.
- Developing a tool for SEO audit can be expensive and would require a team of experts to build it, which can lead to unnecessary overhead expenses.
If you are wondering how to do SEO audits without developing a tool from scratch, we have a solution just for you!
RoboAuditor – a White Label SEO Tool To Generate Leads Like HubSpot and Neil Patel
You don’t have to do the SEO audits manually, nor do you have to bear overhead expenses to recruit experts to build a tool. You can simply use RoboAuditor, a white label SEO tool, to conduct website audits for your prospects and generate leads. A White Label SEO Audit Tool such as RoboAuditor offers you several benefits such as:
- The SEO audit report will be created within a few minutes and will be completely white-labeled, carrying your company’s logo.
- Enables you to integrate the tool with your CRM and other marketing automation tools such as Zapier, MailChimp, and Salesforce, making it easier for you to push the prospect down the marketing funnel.
- It can be installed easily with just a code embedded on your website, so there is no dependency on the IT team to install it.
- Stays abreast of the latest SEO trends, ensuring that the audit report is error-free and relevant to the present times.
How a Digital Marketing Agency Used this Strategy to Generate 2X More Leads
Fractional CMO, a digital marketing agency, used RoboAuditor to audit websites in parallel with their other lead generation activities such as writing Ebooks and blogs. It helped them to increase their leads by 400% and reduce their CPL by 75%. has
made 50+ points within two days of using RoboAuditor!